Saturday, October 29, 2005

Memories of Josh

I met Josh at Thanksgiving dinner where we bonded over ‘covered dishes” from Minnesota , which you’ll be glad to know, were present at the Thanksgiving dinner. I liked him immediately - smile to light the room kind, and gentle. Over the months, we bonded again over frustrations in our workplaces, a desire to travel to Iran, my near miss of being a JET person, and various trips and activities of the tight-knit ex pat community. In addition to Josh’s unassuming manner, I loved his straightforwardness. He could give something the thumbs up or thumbs down with no embellishment or fan fare I think his lip even curled up a little when he was giving a thumbs down. He was much loved in Yerevan and I will really miss him.-- Kerry Ann O’brian

----------------------

My friend,

While I've only met Josh a few times, I have a distinct memory
of him as a gentle person with a craving for discovery.
I had the sense that he would truly connect with the world as he
moved through it. From my reading, I realize he did just that, and I'm
glad he was alive.- Jamie Rosenberg

----------------------

It is absolutely wonderful to hear from you. I was extremely touched when I received your email. Josh actually spoke to me of you. You came up in conversation because at the time (2yrs ago) I was getting married and was planning my honeymoon to Hawaii. Of course Josh got all excited and began telling me the wonders of paradise island!! He even went so far as to buy me a travel book on Hawaii, which I got to read on the long plane ride over (: He was right, Hawaii is a dream come true! and to call it your home must be a nice feeling. And Josh got to experience all of that with you, what precious memories you must have, I know Josh did. Jaime, I don't think that I have to tell you what an exceptional brother you had, you already experienced that, but that your brother touched so many lives in his thoughtful ways is what made him an exceptional human being. I thank God that I had the opportunity to cross his path ((:

May peace be with you, always. Shanti (means peace in Hindi)

---------------------

I am willing to share my memories of Josh with you. ( though my English wouldn't be great enough. ) Josh was always proud of his family. Especially his mom. He would tell me how good his mom's cake was. And, he'd often make various kinds of cakes for me, which was really sweet. My favorite was his cinnamon roll cake with a glass of hot spiced wine in winter.

He also loved his neices as if they were his own children.
Every time we went to some fancy shopping places, he'd always go like, " Oh, they'll love this stuff. Maybe I should get it for them."
Anyway, his priority was always family, which even sometimes made me jealous. ( :
No matter how far apart his families live here and there around the globe, his commitment to his family seemed to be something that never changes. That's enough to make me sure that he grew up in a really affectionate family. OK....that's all for now. I have to go for work.
( He used to say it loud to me at the door in the morning, " Have great day at work, Tecchan!" ) I'll share anything you want to know as far as I remember about him.
Peace, Tetsuya

-----------------------

It is absolutely wonderful to hear from you. I was extremely touched when I received your email. Josh actually spoke to me of you. You came up in conversation because at the time (2yrs ago) I was getting married and was planning my honeymoon to Hawaii. Of course Josh got all excited and began telling me the wonders of paradise island!! He even went so far as to buy me a travel book on Hawaii, which I got to read on the long plane ride over (: He was right, Hawaii is a dream come true! and to call it your home must be a nice feeling. And Josh got to experience all of that with you, what precious memories you must have, I know Josh did. Jaime, I don't think that I have to tell you what an exceptional brother you had, you already experienced that, but that your brother touched so many lives in his thoughtful ways is what made him an exceptional human being. I thank God that I had the opportunity to cross his path ((:

May peace be with you, always. Shanti (means peace in Hindi)

_________________________________________


I'm very glad that we had the chance to remember Josh
together yesterday. His is a life to celebrate,
Jaime. It was fun to talk about our shared times. I
treasure all of the time that I had with him.

A hui hou,
Ellen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Oct 30, 12:50:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home